Fatal Service error Caught Signal 11

Pearson's pearsons at snowcrest.net
Sun Feb 26 22:15:48 PST 2006

Hello,
I have been trying to install Ubuntu Linux and after the install and the
graphics display tries to initiate I receive the following error stating
that the X system could not start and gives me the option to view a log
file.  In the log file it states:
skipping "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug_clip.o"
no
symbols found
skipping "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug_norm.o"
no
symbols found
skipping "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug_xform.o"
no
symbols found
skipping "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libfb.a:fbmmx.o" no symbols found
(EE)Radeon(0):[dri]DRIscreeninit failed Disabling DRI
(EE)Radeon(0):XAAInit error
Fatal Service error Caught Signal 11. Server aborting.

My graphics card is a Radeon Xpress 200 and my monitor is a Sceptre 12ms
Ultra High Speed response Time Crystal clear monitor model
numberX9G-kamodo VII
I hope this is enough information to get some help.  I have been posting
on the Ubuntu forum with no help.  I tried manually editing the
Xorg.conf file with the HorizSync and VertRefresh and it still does not
work.
Thank you in advance
John