rpath used in some libraries but not others

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Feb 25 21:13:35 PST 2006

I haven't looked close at this yet, but thought I would email this list
since I won't have a chance to look at this for a few days.

I see that some have the RPATH set to use the new Xorg libraries, like:

lib/libX11.so.6
lib/libXext.so.6
lib/libXft.so.2
lib/libXevie.so.1
lib/libXaw8.so.8

(so they work!)

But many don't set the RPATH, such as:

lib/X11/xdm/libXdmGreet.so
lib/libXfontcache.so.1
lib/libXft.so.2
lib/libXi.so.6
lib/libXinerama.so.1
lib/libXfont.so.1

(so they don't work).

The above are just example list -- it is not complete.

As an example is bin/Xorg which uses libfontenc.so.1 (twice recursively
because of libXfont) -- but libfontenc.so.1 is not found the second time
because not in RPATH.

I didn't look yet to see when or how it is currently done.

Am I correct in understand that since some have the RPATH set correctly,
that the others should too?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/