No keyboard

MagicITX magicitx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 10:15:41 PST 2006

On 2/16/06, Aivils Stoss <aivils at unibanka.lv> wrote:

> xorg 7.0 have 3 keyboard drivers. May be another is lucky?
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Keyboard1"
>         Driver  "keyboard"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Keyboard1"
>         Driver  "evdev"
> Device "/dev/input/eventXX"
> # look into /proc/bus/input/devices and replace XX with
> # keyboard event file
> EndSection
>
> I think that is gentoo bug.
>
> Aivils

Ok, this works.  For the record here is what I needed to do.

#emerge xf86-input-evdev

Then modify /etc/X11/xorg.conf as follows:

Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier  "Keyboard1"
  Driver  "evdev"
  Option "Device"  "/dev/input/event0"
  ... other keyboard options
EndSection

On my system /dev/input/event0 was the keyboard.  You can verify this
by entering:

#cat /dev/input/event0

then typing on the keyboard.  Press ctrl-c to exit.

Thanks Aivils!

--

Tim
www.magicitx.com