Radeon FireMV 2400 PC Quad head card (Working!)

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Thu Feb 9 04:54:57 PST 2006

Erwin Rol wrote:
> I don't know if it is important but the FireMV 2400 has two VHDCI
> connectors, that end up in 4 DVI-I connectors via two Y-cables.
I think that connector is only physically different to two dvi-i
connectors, i.e. it still has all signals 2 dvi-i connectors have. Thus
it should be fully transparent to the chip/driver.

btw could you try running dri on one of the chips and run Mesa's
yuvrect/yuvsquare test? That should answer if it's a rv250 or rv280, as
yuv textures don't seem to work on rv250. (With mesa cvs you either need
to fake a chipid of a rv280 in your xorg conf or remove the
R200_CHIPSET_YCBCR_BROKEN flag to allow it to run if the driver believes
it's a rv250 card).

Roland