1680x1050 on i830 -> mode disappears\

Marcus Schäfer ms at suse.de
Thu Feb 9 02:00:03 PST 2006

Hi,

> Bingo!
>
> The i810 (for i810 through i945 inclusive) can only set modes through
> the video BIOS, so you won't get any mode that the BIOS doesn't know
> about.  There are a number of tools that basically rewrite your BIOS's
> mode table to get around this, including 830resolution or whatever it's
> called, and the new module from Alan Hourihane at
> http://fairlite.demon.co.uk/intel.html (IIRC).

yes I'm using 855resolution, on SuSE there is a package named
855resolution.rpm. Sources can be found here:

	http://perso.wanadoo.fr/apoirier/

855resolution -l will list the vbios resolutions, you need to
pick up one you don't need and overwrite it with the native
panel size. If you suspend or boot the machine you need to that
again or add the call into the boot sequence

Regards
Marcus
--
 Public Key available
 Marcus Schäfer (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH