i810/modesetting and Xinerama?

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Wed Dec 20 12:03:24 PST 2006

Keith Packard wrote:

>> How can I do that? And how can I configure 16 bpp?
>
> Here's what I've got; the 'Virtual' keyword sets the frame buffer size.
> As the driver currently ignores the Modes keyword, I don't bother with
> that one...

Thanks to your help, I managed to get it working. This is the first time
I have a multi-monitor-setup running under Linux with the correct
parameters (refresh rate) - thank you very much! Btw. I need not
restrict to 16 bpp, 24 bpp seems to work well.

What is left is being able to define a primary display. Currently, Gnome
panels are stuck to the external display and they won't drag'n'drop to
the internal LCD. Somewhere I read that you are picking the biggest
screen for primary - this is not desired in every case. However, I am
already very happy with what I've got now. If you happen to need some
testing, would you let me know?

I will be heading over to try and get some OpenGL working...

Regards,

Andreas