ADD2 image quality

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Mon Dec 18 05:19:30 PST 2006

Hi all,

I just received a new HP DC7700 with an ADD2 card in it, driving a
Multisync LCD2170NX (1600x1200). The image quality is terrible - the
text is fuzzy, and the colors are washed out. It looks like a CRT pushed
too far. (Driver = open intel driver)

If I replace the HP ADD2 card with an Nvidia pci-e card, the video is
fine (driver = closed nvidia driver), so it isn't a cable or LCD issue.

Is that normal, or do I have a dud ADD2 card? I have an older
DC7600+ADD2 driving a different LCD at 1280x1024, and it looks fine.

- Mike