"2f" in wiki URLs (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] deprecation of xkbdata)

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Dec 4 11:18:59 PST 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 13:45, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > Here's the correct URL:
> >
> > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fXKeyboardConfig
>
> Due to conversion (or migration?) over a year ago, the slashes got
> converted to "2f" (hex for ascii slash) or to "_2f".
>
> Will this be cleaned up? Google and many sites link to the strange wiki
> file names now.

I tried to clean this up a while ago by force on the server side (RewriteRule
turning _2f to /), but it broke page editing.  A wiki that's not editable
is... less than useful.

I'm aware of it though, it'll get cleaned up eventually.  In the meantime you
can always publish your own URLs with the / manually substituted, it'll still
work fine.

- ajax