[ANNOUNCE] deprecation of xkbdata

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Mon Dec 4 10:00:07 PST 2006

Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi,
> I don't think we ever made this official, so here it is.  data/xkbdata
> is now deprecated, and is not considered part of 7.2.  Please use
> xkeyboard-config[0], which is much better maintained, fully translated,
> and significantly cleaner.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> [0]: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fxkeyboard-config
>      cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xkeyboard-config co xkeyboard-config
Is it only available by CVS or is it in git too?

If a developer wanted to pull a full set of sources, do we still need
to pull from both repositories, and is there an authoprotative,
updated list of which modes are in which SCM?

Many thanks.

Kean
--
Deckard: "I don't work here anymore. Give it to Holden. He's good."
Bryant : "I did. He can breathe okay as long as nobody unplugs him."