Xvideo performance on Radeon 7500 vs Intel 915

Roland Scheidegger sroland at tungstengraphics.com
Fri Dec 1 10:12:33 PST 2006

Roland Scheidegger wrote:
> Anyway, the driver really should support planar yuv natively instead of
> converting to packed yuv. Not only would it be faster, it would also
> need less memory (as the common planar yuv format has the cr and cb
> subsampled both vertically and horizontally while packed yuv has it only
> subsampled horizontally).
Ok, here's a newer version which applies cleanly to git head. It has
most problems ironed out, with the exception that moving a video window
beyond the screen border still causes ugly things (bogus video if moved
to the left, bogus video and segfaults if moved to top). I'm wondering
why and how that can work for the other formats...

Roland