Proposal for X Server Plug-in Picker

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Fri Dec 1 10:00:30 PST 2006

Eamon Walsh wrote:
> I dislike the ifdefs and screaming caps as well.  I will remove the
> ifdef's around the XACE calls and define them away when XACE is not
> built; I was just waiting for the release dust to settle.

Since the release dust is on the server-1.2-branch, you can have all the
fun you want in the master branch now - the randr-1.2 & input-hotplug guys
certainly are.

> This could also be done for the DTRACE stuff that was recently dropped
> on dix...

While the Dtrace bits can be de-#ifdef'ed a bit, the screaming caps macros
unfortunately come from the generated headers, and switching to manually
generated macros may reduce portability to the other OS'es getting dtrace
support (so far MacOS X & FreeBSD).   I suppose if they really bother I
could just have #define lowercasename SCREAMING_CAPS_NAME macros added too.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com