Updated git_xorg script with new checks - Additional diff - Unreversed this time

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Sun Aug 27 21:27:03 PDT 2006

On 8/28/06, Shawn Starr <shawn.starr at rogers.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 27 August 2006 9:37 am, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
> We have two choices, download the newest version of libdrm and Mesa from CVS
> or check if the user's distribution has a recent enough version. Which is
> best?

Both :-)
My preference is always what "just works" out of the box, so if the
default was to download Mesa and libdrm only if the installed version
wasn't recent enough, that'd be good - since both still have to be
built & installed, and aren't in the build script. Until these two
components configure and build like the rest of them the user will
still have to intervene (as compared to the ideal fire-and-forget
build process).

This is from the perspective of merely a user, though, so please
consider this just my two cents worth. I'd hack something up but it's
waay past bedtime.

By the way, I feel a little silly if you attribute any changes to me,
since I consider my contribution rather trivial.

Cheers,
 -K