Updated git_xorg script with new checks - Additional diff - Unreversed this time

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Sun Aug 27 06:37:27 PDT 2006

On 8/26/06, Shawn Starr <shawn.starr at rogers.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 26 August 2006 5:14 am, Shawn Starr wrote:
> > > I have updated the git_xorg script, If there are no problems, I will
> > > upload this to the wiki later. Please test,  I have tried this on a LFS
> > > system and a Debian unstable machine.
> > >
> > >  - Add support for pulling XCB (optional).
> > >  - Add system check for required SCM tools and packages to be installed.
> > >  - Pull from CVS xlibs/xkbdesc.
> > >  - Pull Mesa and drm too.
> >
> I have found some small typos that I didn't notice til now. Apply this diff
> to the script to correct.
>
> (Remind me not to send patches @ 5am)

Excellent stuff with these script improvements! I've only tested it a
bit, but so far very good.

Btw, neither of the two patches apply cleanly to the git_xorg you
sent. Attached is one that does (real trivial though).

Maybe the `find ...` stanzas should have the -L option in case e.g
/usr/local/include/GL is a symlink?

Also, if there's two mesa versions available, one in /usr and the
other in /usr/local, the local one should probably take precedence.

I've attached another patch (git_xorg-findfile.diff) that checks in
/usr/local before /usr and follows symlinks.

The script will find both versions of osmesa.h, and the version string
will be the two version strings appended in the order found, which
almost works as intended :-)

What do you think?

Unrelated question: how do you get a recent enough Mesa on debian
unstable w/o compiling it yourself? Are packages for Mesa 6.5.x
available somewhere? Ubuntu packages?

Cheers,
 -Kacper