Radeon 9000 Pro corruption problem on PPC when DRI is enabled

Ari Entlich lmage11 at twcny.rr.com
Wed Aug 23 23:55:07 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 18:34 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 02:24 -0400, Ari Entlich wrote:
> > > Awesome!!! This fixed both the DRI corruption and UseFBDev problems!
>
> Nice, what did? From your quoted text, I'm guessing not treating the ROM
> as an x86 BIOS.

Yup. Sorry, Road Runner took its time sending out my messages, and
ultimately sent them out in the wrong order :-/.

> > > However, Composite doesn't work as well as I'd hoped (see
> > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/Xorg_X11_and_Transparency#ATi_.2B_Xorg ).
> > > Composite was one of the main reasons I switched to Xorg 7.1 (another
> > > reason was staying up-to-date, of course), so I'd be a bit
> > > disappointing
> > > if I can't get it running at any better than non-accelerated speeds
> > > (which is what I'm getting) :-/. Is this a known issue...?
>
> Depends. You'll want to not enable backing store and use Option
> "AccelDFS". If that doesn't help, you can try playing with the
> "MigrationHeuristic" and "FBTexPercent" options, and if all of that
> doesn't help, you could finally try the exa-damagetrack xserver git
> branch.

Hmm... The only one of those options that my system understands is
"FBTexPercent", and setting it to 0 didn't help... I think this problem
might be deeper than setting a few options. I'm not just getting
sub-optimal accelerated performance, I'm getting completely
non-accelerated performance. I can disable DRI completely and get
exactly the same speed (or an unnoticeable amount slower).

Thanks,
 Ari