XGL and Java (or Swing in particular)

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Aug 21 09:53:55 PDT 2006

On Aug 17, 06 11:18:53 +1000, Marek Wawrzyczny wrote:
> I have been running X (KDE) with Xgl for some time now quite successfully.
> This is one of the last remaining problems. Perhaps someone knows more about
> this.
>
> I have a problem where certain Swing applications (stuff I work on and more
> importantly Netbeans) fail to update the contents of the screens, so you end
> up with blank windows.

This is actually a known Java bug, which relied on a certain event
order (AFAIR). I think for SUSE we have a workaround in compiz.

Maybe you want to check Novell bugzilla #168636. Unfortunately, it is
closed duplicated into a non-world-readable bug. Basically, it seems to
be fixed in cvs_060522 or cvs_060601.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __