i810 modesetting branch

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Mon Aug 21 01:28:26 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have a ThinkPad X60 with an Intel 845GM chipset, and an external LCD
monitor.  My ideal world would be that when I plug in the external
monitor X notices and resizes the desktop to 1600x1050, when I unplug it
reduces down to the internal display size of 1024x768.  To ease this I
tried the modesetting branch of i810, but now if I do xrandr -s 0 either
nothing happens (except for the internal screen blanking briefly) or X
locks up.

So, I'll start with the simple questions: do I need anything special in
xorg.conf?  Do I need to list the resolutions I'd like to use in the
screen declaration, or can I remove that entire block now?  What is the
expected process for hot-plugging an external LCD?

Thanks for any help,
Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com