Glucose

Zack Rusin zrusin at trolltech.com
Tue Aug 15 09:40:50 PDT 2006

Ave,

just introducing simple sugar in the form of a new acceleration architecture.

In the spirit of being short and sweet, that fits very well with the concepts
of Glucose:
- it's an OpenGL based acceleration architecture,
- all driver code is limited to just initialising it (a call to
glucoseDriverInit), which really could be eliminated as well, by cleverly
hooking it up in the server... we might want to do that soon.
- it uses XGL code, so it accelerates everything using exactly the same paths
as XGL does. So there's no duplicate code/work here.

A short FAQ:

Q: It is what?