help building xorg-modular

Hannes Hauswedell hannes.hauswedell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 07:34:06 PDT 2006

> This may or may not be a useful suggestion, but have you tried running
>
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/x11r7/lib/pkgconfig" ./build-
> > from-tarballs.sh -m /home/hannes/Mesa-1.5/ -e /usr/x11r7/ >logfile

PKG_CONFIG_PATH wasnt set before, so it shouldnt matter. (and it doesnt i
tried ;) )

> If you reeeaaally really want to get the new xorg running, and don't have
> any other special requirements, you might try a distribution that supports
> building it for you automatically, like Gentoo.  You can do all of the
> building from within a terminal while running Kubuntu by using chroot to
> build it within the Gentoo partition.  I have a similar setup to this, and
> have scripts on either distribution to mount the other distro's partition,
> bind /dev, /sys, /tmp, and then chroot in for me.  Usually I'll do this
> from within Ubuntu if I'm making drastic changes on the Gentoo side and
> don't want to be running the system while I make the changes.

well i have the requirement that the target platform be nethence gnu/linux ;)
i also dont mind doing stuff from inside nethence ( i got most things set up
to the point where i only need x to get going) and i dont want to install a
complete portgage or another packaging system.
i tried around and i am absolutely sure that the hardcoded order in which
dependencies are built is just wrong or that the script has a bug.

what do you recomend doing?

thanks