Overruling BIOS Panel size for 852GM

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Aug 5 20:17:45 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 03:53 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:

> The next step is how do i get a dual head Xinerama setup with the panel
> and a CRT ? At the moment it shows the same picture on both displays
> (with the difference that on the panel the cursor is not visible).
> The wanted Xinerama setup is CRT (PipeA) at 1280x1024 and the panel
> (PipeB) at 1280x800, is that possible.

It's all possible, but the modesetting branch doesn't yet have a lot of
configurability in this area. There are several projects converging on
this area right now, so things are in flux -- we've got modesetting, DRM
buffer reallocation and RandR++ all in progress. When everything has
settled down, we'll be able to do lots of cool stuff, but right now,
things are a bit messy.

keith.packard at intel.com