Overruling BIOS Panel size for 852GM

Sat Aug 5 18:53:39 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 07:57 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 11:27 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:

> > Any idea how to over rule this ? Can it done in the xorg.conf file or
> > should I hack the i810 driver ?
>
> The only way you're going to override it is to hack the driver. You'll
> want to use the modesetting branch as that will only require minor edits
> to change where it gets the timing information. It "should" be easy to
> change the code to use a user-specified mode for the LVDS by just
> skipping the LVDS VBT overrides.

OK I managed to fake the 1280x800 resolution setting by "tuning" the
1024x768 BIOS mode.

The next step is how do i get a dual head Xinerama setup with the panel
and a CRT ? At the moment it shows the same picture on both displays
(with the difference that on the panel the cursor is not visible).
The wanted Xinerama setup is CRT (PipeA) at 1280x1024 and the panel
(PipeB) at 1280x800, is that possible.

- Erwin