xorg-server CVS and EXA

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Sat Apr 22 02:06:03 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 18:19 +0000, morgoth6 at box43.pl wrote:

> As I noticed the new Migration Heuristic schema looking at Xorg cvs logs
> and I decide to give a try to EXA one more time. But it seems I am still
> out of luck :) Enabling EXA on my machine (Pegaos II && Radeon 9000) gives
> me a realy funny effect - http://www.tbs-software.com/morgoth/files/private/migration-smart.png

I'm seeing the same; it looks like every other stripe of some pixmaps
contains garbage from other pixmaps. As I suspect Eric wouldn't have
committed this if he saw the same :), and I'm also running on an M9 and
PPC, I suspect this may be specific to some aspect of our setups.

> It seems it's related to this new MigrationHeuristic smart because
> standard XAA looks fine, also "greedy" gives me a normal desktop
> (MigrationHeuristic "always" gives corruption on window decorations
> and desktop too, same as smart)

Interesting, I didn't see this when I tried "always" shortly after it
was introduced, so this actually seems to be due to another recent
change in EXA, or maybe even somewhere else. Can you do a CVS bisect? :)