test intel git repo, with modesetting

Alan Hourihane alanh at fairlite.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 03:04:10 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 02:40 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > Thinking out loud, I'm not sure all distro's pull the real tarballs, but
> > pull the CVS instead, or a snapshot of it. But that may not be the case.
>
> A large part of the reason for moving to modular (from a distro POV) is
> that releases are frequent so distributions no longer need to pull CVS.
> If any distros are still pulling CVS, I'd like to know why and what can
> be done to fix that.

Maybe releases still aren't frequent enough. There can be small bug
fixes made yet no release.

Additionally, it may just be personal development process preference to
deal with the repo rather than a tarball. You'd have a hard time
changing a distro's internal methodology on how to do things.

Trying to change ALL distro's to map to a tarball model is just too
rigid, and I don't think that would happen.

Just my take though.....

Alan.