glib dependency for the X Server

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Mon Apr 3 12:27:30 PDT 2006

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Monday 03 April 2006 11:42, Greg Stark wrote:
>> Do any of the closed X server vendors currently ship statically linked
>> executables? How would they feel about having to provide linkable objects
>> so the user can relink the X server with a new version of the library?
>
> Do we really want to continue to encourage closed X?

The MIT/X license is not closed X. It is the really free X.

If the current policy defined in Jim's strawman proposition is going to
change, I'd like to hear about it from the X.Org BoD or in the upcoming
bylaws of the X.Org fundation.

I hope we can avoid forking X again to keep it free.

--
Matthieu Herrb