Xgl: compiz doesn't like KDE somehow?

Christian Parpart trapni at gentoo.org
Sat Apr 1 10:28:39 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm able to start Xgl and KDE inside very well and i'm
able to work inside it (currently root-less tested).
However, whenever I'm going to start compiz (with whatever
plugin) the screen becomes white and I just can't see anything.

However, when moving the mouse around it still seems that
I can hover some icons and interact with them, I just don't see
anything usefull - in fact, it's white.

I already had the same problems some weeks ago and just
hoped it went away during some updates - ok, didn't :)

Any hints on why this is happening and how to solve this issue?

my system:
Gentoo Linux (~amd64, xgl-coffee overlay)
graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GTX

Thanks in advance,
Christian Parpart.