kernel 2.6.13, USB keyboard and X.org

Carlo J. Calica ccalica at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:04:17 PDT 2005

Piter Punk wrote:

> But, when i start X i got a second problem, is impossible to type
> only one letter, one touch in a key makes a lot of letters, like that:
>
> lllllliiiiiiinnnnnnnnuuuuxxxxx
>
> instead
>
> linux

I have the same problem, with my dual core athlon64.  Booting a uniprocessor
kernel solves it.  Another work around is turning off key repeat.

Best solution is setting processor affinity for the keyboard irq handler and
X to the same cpu.  Seems to be a race condition of some sort.  If a X
developer wants to work with me to debug contact me at
ccalica_at_gmail.com.  I'm using gmane to access the list (occasionally).

Good luck.

Carlo J. Calica