What ever happened with teh Freetype 2.1.10 crash?

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Wed Sep 21 12:56:31 PDT 2005

All,

I've been trying to find a resolution to the ft 2.1.10
crash problem that cropped up a while ago. On teh ft mailing
list David Turner had a proposed patch, but seemed to
indicate that X.Org was really at fault for using some
internal APIs of freetype. Other mails in teh thread
indicated that Keith may have an alternate fix.

Were changes made in x.org itself? If so, can someone
point me at a changelog? Can I backport them to 6.8.2?

Any info appreciated.

Kean