ES1000 Memory controller init question

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 04:35:02 PDT 2005

I am working on a system that has a ATI ES1000 (based on radeon)
connected to a MIPS processor and I am trying to figure out how to
initialize the ES1000 SDRAM memory controller.  Where is this
typically done?  I have looked through Xserver driver code, but so far
can't find anything.  Is this typically done with a BIOS extension on
a x86 system or something like that?  Any pointers to code examples or
documentation would be most appreciated as it is next to impossible to
get documentation on this chip.

Thanks,
Cliff