error using dlopen(), dlsym() in XServer

kartikay malhotra kartikay.malhotra at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 00:43:04 PDT 2005

Dear All,
 I want to use dlopen(), dlsym(), etc. in select files of XServer. I'm
particularly stuck with files in the *..xc/programs/Xserver/fb* folder. The
files compile correctly; however at startup, using either *startx* or *init
5, *the following error messages appear:
 Symbol dlopen from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libfb.a is unresolved!
Symbol dlsym from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libfb.a is unresolved!
 This very same approach works fine with Xlib functions.
 Can the problem be traced to Imakefile? Is it required to make a
libfb.sofile ? Any suggestions are welcome.
  Many Thanks
 Kartikay