Kernel scheduling algorithm and X.Org performance

Dmitry M. Shatrov erdizz at rambler.ru
Fri Sep 2 05:46:15 PDT 2005

В Срд, 31/08/2005 в 10:14 -0700, Eric Anholt пишет:
> xcompmgr -a (or, to use a different path, xcompmgr with no args) will
> remove the visible redraw latency.

Yes, this does the job, but it is at the moment terribly slow on my
Matrox G400 and X.Org 6.8.1 because of unaccelerated Render in mga
driver as I understand. And I guess there are cards that will never get
Render acceleration and thus their owners will always have to run X
Windows with Composite extension disabled.