Xorg 7.0-rc1 and EXA (radeon 9200)

morgoth6 at box43.pl morgoth6 at box43.pl
Sun Oct 23 03:06:54 PDT 2005

Hell[o]

> Hmmm, what can cause so huge slowdown here then ? I gues the Radeon 9000 is not so slow, I have complete RC1 emerge here with this additional cvs fix for EXA. But still moving a gnome terminal for example lockups the mouse pointer for for a second.

Funny to answering to my own email :) Anyway I did a small investigation in this topic and it seems the slowdown can be observed only in Gnome. Normaly I use Gnome 2.12.1 with gtk+ 2.8.6. Today I try to run KDE 3.4.3 and it seems it works normaly I mean faster than with XAA. Is there any known issue with gtk+ or Gnome itself ?

Also there is some desktop corruptions with KDE on my system. The mousepointer sometimes left some gfx trashes on the desktop. Also when I enable a 'Bouncing Cursors' in KDE preferences I can observe the same corruptions.

--------
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS && TBS ::

   ::: Homepage # http://binaryriot.com/dreamolers :::
  ::: Homepage # http://www.tbs-software.com/morgoth/ :::