Composite and MapNotifies

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Oct 20 13:48:13 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 22:14 +0200, Soeren Sandmann wrote:

> So I propose the attached patch which turn off generation of the
> Map/UnmapNotifies for the windows during the redirection process. The
> window manager will then not even know that anything happened.

I guess this is probably the easiest plan. I'm not fond of the proposed
patch though; stealing another bit in the window structure for this very
minor purpose seems like a waste to me. Covering this with a functional
interface would let us use a simple global variable for now:

	DisableMapUnmapEvents (WindowPtr pWin) {
		windowHidingMapUnmapEvents = pWin;
	}
	EnableMapUnmapEvents (WindowPtr pWin) {
		windowHidingMapUnmapEvents = NULL;