Xkb api

Russell Shaw rjshaw at netspace.net.au
Thu Oct 13 07:53:52 PDT 2005

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Russell Shaw wrote:
>
>> It would be useful to have an xorg policy to exclude proprietory
>> file formats that don't have free converters.
>
> That's our intent going forward - this is legacy documentation
> written in the X Consortium days when all the members were companies
> paying tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege and framemaker
> licenses were not an issue.   We've talked about converting all the
> docs to a common format like DocBook XML, but no one has volunteered
> to work on such a project - once they do, we have had volunteers with
> FrameMaker licenses offer to export the FrameMaker docs to a format
> that can be converted to something more generally useful.
>
>> This sort of crap
>> doesn't happen with gpl projects.
>
> Crap happens with all projects, regardless of license, it's just
> different forms of crap.

Atleast i can deal with most crap without having to pay for some
converter;)

I was going to convert the xkb docs into docbook-xml, but i've only
done a small amount of docbook, so i started converting it to html,
when i found those extra filemaker files. I'm still looking for a
cheap or free CD of filemaker 5.