Xkb api

Thu Oct 13 07:39:42 PDT 2005

Russell Shaw wrote:
> It would be useful to have an xorg policy to exclude proprietory
> file formats that don't have free converters.

That's our intent going forward - this is legacy documentation
written in the X Consortium days when all the members were companies
paying tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege and framemaker
licenses were not an issue.   We've talked about converting all the
docs to a common format like DocBook XML, but no one has volunteered
to work on such a project - once they do, we have had volunteers with
FrameMaker licenses offer to export the FrameMaker docs to a format
that can be converted to something more generally useful.

> This sort of crap
> doesn't happen with gpl projects.

Crap happens with all projects, regardless of license, it's just
different forms of crap.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com