Unicode

Jakub Piotr Cłapa loc at toya.net.pl
Sat Oct 8 11:26:27 PDT 2005

Russell Shaw wrote:
> BTW, is it only me that thinks anti-aliased text rendering
> is a Really Bad Idea?

Why can't you just turn it off then.

> On some proprietory systems there is no anti-aliasing (seeing by the
> absence of grey pixels), and so the pure black pixels of the text
> has a wonderfully high contrast and sharpness. The text shaping is
> pretty good too, despite the limited resolution with a 10pt font.

OTOH I can't look at Motif and Xaw programs and one of the main reasons
is the lack of anti-aliased text. The lack of anti-aliased graphics is
another (yeah, I really dislike this part of gschem and PCB).

I guess it's a matter of taste and should be configurable (just like it
is today) but IMHO in either case the main rendering method should be
Render with it's client-side fonts.

--
Regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa