radeon driver only detecting one monitor

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Wed Nov 9 12:12:59 PST 2005

Thanks a lot for the hint with Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, CRT". For me that
did the trick and I have  both  detected  and  running  now.  Why  is  it  not
necessary  in  XFree86  to  use  this  option? Is there a second radeon driver
specific to Xorg/XFree86? I thougt it's the module from the kernel, or is that
just for 3D?
The  Option "OverlayOnCRTC2" "true" seems not to work and I read in the radeon
manpage that one could change the overlay-screen on the fly. How is that done?
Where  can  I  put  radeon driver specific options? Only in Monitor and Device
sections?
The screensaver covers in mergedfb xinerama mode only the external TFT why  is
that?
Also  I  would  like  to know how I have to calculate the values for a modline
entry that gives me 1280x1024 with  75Hz.
Is there a way to prevent the switching of the vt when X is started.  I  would
like to execute "startx&" and stay in the console I typed it in.

Thanks a lot
Lynx