Keysym to modifiers state

Cvetelin Andreev cvetelin.a at komero.net
Tue Nov 1 04:51:10 PST 2005

Hi all,

After a week researching did not find some answers.

I want to send a KeyEvent with XSendEvent with specified keysym. But the
KeyEvent structure requres keycode (which is system dependant) and
modifiers. I can obtain the keycode from the keysym with KKeysymToKeycode,
but what about modifiers?
A solution is to get the keycode, and to test this keycode with all
modifiers masks for equality with the original keysym with
XKeycodeToKeysym (or ewith constructing event with each modifiers
combination and test it with XLookupString). However the combinations of
modifiers are large number.

So is there a way to get the modifiers state from the keysym?

--
Cvetelin Andreev