Feature request: modular config files

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Tue Nov 1 03:54:13 PST 2005

Hi,

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 12:38, Anders Storsveen wrote:

> If something should be changed with the config files I think it's the
> complete use of it. I think configuring shouldn't really be needed, and
> if needed it should be done in-x by a nice gui which reads the current
> config (which perhaps should be xml) and lets you change stuff. X should
> really load basic and then autosense the keyboard, monitor, graphics
> (vga if proprietary) and then set this config. Then you should load a
> gui which lets you change the settings, and the settings of the driver.
> This is also better for getting all options for a driver perhaps.

And not to mention changing configuration on the fly, such as expand / mirror
to aditional outputs - such as external VGA for a presentation using a
laptop. Though we already know that.

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org