Xegl lives!

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Wed May 25 20:36:40 PDT 2005

> > What OpenGL interfaces does OpenGL have that OpenGL-ES doesn't? is
> > glitz targeted at OpenGL rather than OpenGL-ES, if I take a commerical
> > OpenGL-ES implementation and add the screen setup stuff will it work?
>
> Turn your full OpenGL into OpenGL-ES with dogless.

but that is of no use, if I have opengl-es... my question (that Adam
answered correctly) was wether I could run Xgl on a standard OpenGL-ES
implementation like one for an ARM, to which the answer is no... we
would need to target glitz at an opengl-es profile...

So we probably shouldn't mention OpenGL-ES anymore until the above is
true and state we need a full OpenGL stack with the "EGL"
extensions...

Dave.