Xegl lives!

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed May 25 20:14:57 PDT 2005

On 5/25/05, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> > OpenGL-ES is designed to run on the ARM. That flavor of OpenGL
> > supports integer only operation. There are several OpenGL-ES stacks
> > for the ARM but none are free. Xgl should run on OpenGL-ES but it may
> > need some tweaks.
>
> What OpenGL interfaces does OpenGL have that OpenGL-ES doesn't? is
> glitz targeted at OpenGL rather than OpenGL-ES, if I take a commerical
> OpenGL-ES implementation and add the screen setup stuff will it work?

Turn your full OpenGL into OpenGL-ES with dogless.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dogless/

OpenGL to ES realtime translator with extra profiling and debugging
capabilities. It translates OpenGL calls into OpenGL ES and forwards
them to the underlying OpenGL ES implementation DLL. Can also wrap on
the standard OpenGL impl with ES simulation.

I asked and the author won't switch licenses to one compatible with
mesa/Xserver.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com