multiple X-servers active within a single session

dick at kniep.nl dick at kniep.nl
Tue May 24 01:47:29 PDT 2005

Hi list,

To clarify my question:

1. We built a system in Python / wxPython.
2. The system uses OpenOffice using the Python Uno bridge. Works nicely
3. We use server centric computing using GoGlobal (comparable to Citrix).
4. We have many users connected to the server using our application connecting
to OpenOffice via a unique portnr per OpenOffice.
5. OpenOffice is also used to generate PDF's. Preferably headless. Currently
NOT headless.
6. I would like to use xvfb when a user wants to generate a pdf. But I don't
know how to start openoffice using xvfb instead of the "regular" xserver.