multiple X-servers active within a single session

dick at kniep.nl dick at kniep.nl
Sun May 22 23:47:48 PDT 2005

Hi list,

Probably this can be found in some of the documentation, but I couldn't find
it, so here it goes,

I am a developer that uses OpenOffice in a product. Using GoGlobal of Graphon
to display the results on screen, many users use the system, and have their
own session with OpenOffice. Now a possibility exists within OpenOffice to
run headless. This is useful if you want to generate a pdf (or other
processing independent from the screen). Currently all users get the screen,
and so when a PDF is generated, the screen flashes. What I want is that I can
decide during the run which X-server is used WITHIN ONE session. Because that
way I could avoid the flickering of the screen (and the associated overhead!)
when OpenOffice is loaded and produces a PDF.

Thank you all for the nice work you are doing!

Cheers,
D. Kniep