Looking for Grpahic Card which supports Rotating CCW with Acceleration, DVI Output and XV support

Thomas Glanzmann sithglan at stud.uni-erlangen.de
Thu May 12 06:02:19 PDT 2005

Hallo Jeff,
first of all, I want to thank you for the heads-up. I heard there were
rumors that nvidia developers asked X people if the rotate and resize
extension is stabalized, so there was an indication that it will be
shortly available. However even if I have no xv overlay it is more less
(expect for the xv overlay) what I am looking for. The driver is stable
and it is fun to work with the pivot display.

After I compiled X.org on my sarge system it worked out of the box with
the rotate, too! And it is damn fast. I tried the

	Option      "Rotate" "CCW"

before with the nv driver, but it didn't perform.

Nice pointers in this document, too:

http://blogs.vislab.usyd.edu.au/index.php/Steve/2004/09/09/installing_a_non_intrusive_x

Thanks,
	Thomas