direct rendering .. help please

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Mar 14 21:37:51 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 23:58 +0100, Roland Scheidegger wrote:

> > If I use the mesa libs of the Xorg CVS tree, I got a mismatched
> > version of DDX. How can I try to disable the color tiling?
> Option "ColorTiling" "false" should do the trick (it's in the radeon
> manpage). Of course you'll miss all recent (and not-so-recent) driver
> changes.

BTW, I think it's a bit unfortunate to say the least that with current
X.org CVS, the 2D and 3D drivers don't work together by default,
especially as the failure mode is very non-obvious (I think you only get
'libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.' without LIBGL_DEBUG)
Maybe colour tiling should default to off until the 3D driver in the
tree supports it?