Who is stomping PCI config space?

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Fri Mar 4 03:21:39 PST 2005

Zoltan Boszormenyi writes:
 > Hm. Someone other than a Linux-ruby user finally complaining. :-)
 > Try patching XFree or XOrg with the proper patch
 >
 > http://www.ltn.lv/~aivils/files/080_pci_isolate_device_feature.diff
 >
 > for XFree, or
 >
 > http://www.ltn.lv/~aivils/files/Xorg-6.7.0-isolate_device.patch
 >
 > for XOrg, it's applicable for XOrg-6.8.x, too.
 >
 > Then add
 >           Option         "SingleCard" "on"
 > to your Section "ServerLayout".

This patch adds another wart to the resource broker ;-)
But it may actually help the people who need this advanced
feature and know what they are doing.
I have thought about putting something like this in but was
discouraged when I saw users trying out every single option
and then complaining that it didn't work.

I would rather go with something 'automatic'. This would be
a resource broker outside of X.

Still I'm inclined to adding something like this to the code
however I'm reluctant to document it so well ;-)

Cheers,
	Egbert.