New acceleration architecture

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jun 27 09:14:50 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 11:47 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:

> Can we all make a promise never to write specs again that require
> pixel precise drawing algorithms?

I think we've all learned this lesson now.  The advantages of pixel
precision are mostly in testing, and if the cost of reasonable
performance is a more complex testing infrastructure, then that's the
way it goes.

We're discussing how to manage testing for cairo, which certainly
doesn't have a pixel-exact specification as it crosses a wide spectrum
of rendering backends.

-keith