[Mesa3d-dev] Mesa 6.3 released

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Thu Jul 21 10:13:52 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 09:02:55AM -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:
> >> I guess the real question is, now what?  Is X.org going to import 6.3
> >> now, and import a hypothetical 6.3.1 in another few weeks?  Do we have
> >> to wait to make the compatability breaking changes until 7.1?  Is there
> >> some other choice I'm not seeing?
> >
> > When can you have your stuff checked in?
>
> As soon as humanly possible. :)  I should have two sets of patches to
> the DRI drivers and src/glx/x11 out for review today, and the final
> patch to the dispatch stuff either tomorrow or over the weekend.
>
> > I've already found a few glitches in 6.3 so I'd be happy to do a 6.3.1
> > release pretty soon.
>
> Okay.  I promise not to travel anymore in the mean time. ;)

I think we should wait to do the Mesa import into the monolithic tree
until Ian checks in his changes and 6.3.1 has been released since those
changes are important and it looks like it will happen early next week.

Also, would it be possible to include the DRI drivers in the 6.3.1
release tarball?  It looks like there is a list of the files in the top
level Makefile, but they don't seem to be included in the release.  In
the past we've been importing a checked out version of Mesa into the
monolithic tree in order to include them.  However, for the modular
tree, we will be relying on external tarballs for externally maintained
packages, and we would like to use the officially release tarballs
instead of creating our own.

Thanks,
Kevin