rdesktop from commandline

Christopher Rasch-Olsen Raa coff at technophile.info
Thu Jul 14 12:49:42 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to voice this query, and if
it is not, please let me know so I can direct my question to the right
place.

Ok, so I have got a minimum-install of freebsd 5.3 running on a
computer. I would like to fire rdesktop (yes, I have that and xorg
buildt and installed) up directly at boot, presenting a logonscreen to a
Windows Terminal Server.

If I do a "rdesktop <ip-to-server-here>" on one of my computers with
xorg installed and _running_, it opens up all nicely. I _though_
rdesktop would somehow create a new display to show the terminal server
if I ran the same command from shell (without xorg running) on the
machine where the packages are only installed but with no x fired up,
but it seems I was wrong.

What is the best approach to accomploshing this? I have tried reading
docs, and searching (using google), but to no avail. Anyone able to lend
a helping hand?

Best regards,

Christopher Rasch-Olsen Raa