libdrm 1.0

Dave Airlie airlied at linux.ie
Tue Jul 12 17:58:57 PDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Adam Jackson wrote:

> http://people.freedesktop.org/~ajax/libdrm/libdrm-1.0.0.gz
>
> I'll soon be switching Mesa to require this to build the DRI drivers and the
> DRI-capable libGL.  This means you need pkg-config.
>
> This also means we can get rid of the copy of the drm source in
> drivers/dri/dri_client, and after installing this you won't need a drm CVS
> checkout to build the drivers.  This will also be where the modular X server
> gets the drm support headers from.
>
> You probably want to install it as a system library, which means
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/
>
> The headers from shared-core are in there too.  I'm not sure it's the best
> place to put them, but having them in a shared versioned module is much
> better than the skew we have currently.

My belief in theory is that the OS should be providing drm.h, *_drm.h and
the libdrm should provide xf86drm.h and libdrm.so, I'm thinking of moving
the files to the correct place in the Linux tree, maybe having something
like include/linux/drm/

>From shared-core you should only need drm.h and *_drm.h the other files
shouldn't be needed and if they are that should be fixed...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG