Disable xterm and XRX builds per default / [Fwd: CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)]

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:27:46 PST 2005

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:48:10AM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> > Xterm is a particularly egregious case here -- while the other external
> > packages are included because X.org packages depend on them, Xterm is
> > included purely because it used to be maintained by X consortium staff.
> > It has not been maintained by anyone within the XFree86 or X.org trees for
> > many years.
>
> that's odd, since there are a few hundred commits in XFree86 tree for xterm.

Xterm patch #198 (Thomas Dickey).

hardly enlightening :-), you maintain xterm in a separate tree and it
is imported into XFree86 (maybe by you but none the less you don't
develop it in their tree...)

moving xterm into extra from programs would at least clearly point out
that it is an external tree that is imported into Xorg every so often
as opposed to Xorg being the one true version (or XFree86 for that
matter)...

btw if you want commit privs to Xorg I'm sure there would be no problems...

Dave.