Intel GMA 900

Thom Nuzum thom at tendata.com
Sun Jan 23 07:49:15 PST 2005

I have tried the i810 selection in xorg.conf and cannot get this graphics
device to function.
It is on Toshiba M45..Mobile Intel 915GM Express Chipset. Is the GMA 900 not
supported yet with this chipset?
I am unable to attain native resolution of 1280x800. My greatest problem as
I am forced to use vesa framebuffer graphics right now. Changing mode lines
does not work and I get no screens found. I have also enabled the various
Intel chipsets under apgart in the kernel. Running suse 9.2.
Intel drivers won't install and complain about missing kernel modules. Not
sure which route to go here.
Should I continue trying to edit xorg.conf or work on the Intel driver
problem or perhaps its something with the kernel.
Thanks greatly for any hints.

Thom Nuzum